Nikki Lane Shooting and Technical Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapons, Optics, Training and Everything Nikki Lane

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
weaponoutfitters

weaponoutfitters

DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser Empty
PostSubject: DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser   DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Military grade IR weapon lasers are very hard to come by. Every single one is serialized and tracked, and they are consumable items. Due to the dangers high powered IR lasers pose to eyesight, the Federal government strongly restricts their sale through the Food and Drug Administration, the FDA.

In order for an IR laser to be legal for civilian use, it must have less than 1 mW of power... which is exactly what the DBAL-i2 aims to do.

For a long time, civilian night vision enthusiasts were forced to learn electrical engineering to try and home brew their own IR laser aiming devices for use with night vision. Their other options were buying black market IR lasers, or buying shoddily made devices from overseas which couldn't handle real weapon recoil.

The DBAL-i2 meets the niche of civilian night vision enthusiasts, offering point targeting to about 100-125 yards depending on conditions. Using the exact same military grade hardware found on the real deal DBALs, the i2 is a pretty awesome piece of kit.

Comes from the factory with proof marks for a neutral setting (perfectly parallel to a weapon's bore), and its mount is an AWESOME design. The laser devices mount blows the Insights PEQ-15 ATPIAL's mount out of the water... it's so freakin awesome, I'd hope the Laser devices has considered contracting it out to optics mounts manufacturers.

DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser 135872958

DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser 135772736

DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser 135772734

I've got a limited quantity available for $799. Green visible laser versions are available as a $200 option, but not sure if I want to stock them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.weaponoutfitters.com
weaponoutfitters

weaponoutfitters

PostSubject: Re: DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser   DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 pm

I'll be having my buddy who's a chief firearms instructor and SWAT captain for a local agency swing by with his PVS-14 and PEQ-15 to compare to the DBAL.

I've used a real deal PEQ and PVS-14 to engage steel out in the Oregon desert, and found that 75 yards was pretty much the longest range i'd feel comfortable point shooting. Of course, some folks have been able to tag Coyotes at 200, but estimating distance in the dark with night vision can be an iffy proposition, haha

Back to top Go down
Combat Diver

Combat Diver

PostSubject: Re: DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser   DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:06 pm

WO,

Thanks for the info and background. Very interesting kit.

CD
Back to top Go down
weaponoutfitters

weaponoutfitters

PostSubject: Re: DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser   DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:59 pm

"RetreatHell" from M4C and Arf demonstrates the DBAL-i2 at $100 yards, good stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s8UiVb7-44
Back to top Go down
Shung

Shung

PostSubject: Re: DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser   DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:54 am

If only..

Thank you for the good review and the , as always , excellent pictures !
Back to top Go down
Nikki Lane

Nikki Lane

PostSubject: Re: DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser   DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:14 pm

Shung wrote:
If only..

If only is right Smile.. first I have to get my hands on the SCAR Heavy then move on from there Smile

Write up is very nice WO cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Shung

Shung

PostSubject: Re: DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser   DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Nikki Lane wrote:
Shung wrote:
If only..

If only is right Smile.. first I have to get my hands on the SCAR Heavy then move on from there Smile

Write up is very nice WO cheers cheers cheers

Looks like from your FB that you had a try with one of them 50cal

Did you take it home too Wink ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser   DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DBAL-i2, Civilian Legal Weapon Laser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nikki Lane Shooting and Technical Discussion Forum :: Weapon Outfitters-
Jump to: